Monday, November 05, 2007

Jasons better-late-than-never race review


Sorry everyone that this is so late, but as wise people once said, better late than never.

It’s been a week now and my mind still constantly reflects on the Mont 24. The main thought that keeps popping into my head is how great that single track was!!!

The fast start straight into the forest made you feel like you were the fastest man on the course every time, twisting and turning burm by burm, leaving with a smile from ear to ear. I think my teammate Mark McDougall summed it up when he said, “the most frustrating time is waiting around, I just want to get back out there”. To be honest I enjoyed the course more at night. The single track just begged to be smashed, and under the Nightlightning lights, it all just added to the effect!!!!
The whole event ran like clock work from start to finish. They even held the rain off, so nice work guys and girls.

As for the other teams that competed in the event and primarily against us, congratulations on a top effort. It was on from the very get-go, and every member of the teams rode super, and achieved hard won results on all counts.

Our bikes, the Felt virtue 1, soaked up the course making my job a hell of a lot easier. I was lucky enough to ride on the brand new Tubeless Ready Python Air light tyres and did I love them!!!! Not once did they feel like I pushed them past their abilities. Every lap I tried that little bit harder in the burms to see when they would let go and that limit was never found. I still think they are the most predictable tyre I have ever ridden, 10/10. Everything you want and expect from a Python, now in a lighter and more reliable package.

The nightlightning lights proved once again to be bomb proof. This is the second season I personally have used them and they just don’t stop. We have had the new Ultra Bright LED’s installed and they pump out some serious light! The spread of the beam is perfect with no noticeable hot spot like most other brands. The batteries last for around 3.5hrs, which meant I used the one battery and didn’t need to charge it throughout the night.

So that’s my race summary. My biggest issue since the race is that I can’t stop eating. It doesn’t matter what it is I will eat it!

Please help, send food via Felt Racing team management (as Ash is hungry too)


And finally, its been bought to out attention that Cadel Evans (former MTB'er and all round good guy, not to mention ProTour winner et al.) is up for Sports Performer Awards 2007- This is an award handed out by the major newspaper, to sports people of all sports, so a cyclist is going head to head with the swimmers etc. So here is the link, do a fellow cyclist a favour and take 3 minutes out of your life to help someone else, after all think of the entertainment he has provided you!!

http://sportsawards.theage.com.au/

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good work Jase,

Thats a really good report.

That photo is Killer.

Your now the one who is flying.

Ill catch you soon and keep on smashing it.

Paul

4:35 pm  
Blogger Ash Thomas said...

Oi, do some study!!!

I hear someone is getting a shiny new ride...?! Know anyone?

And congrats on your new sponsorship at Adelaide, quite a suprise...!

So has your brother taken to impersonating you or are you trying to get series points

(check the results if you don't know what I'm on about)

4:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home