Thursday, December 27, 2007

Going Above and Beyond the Call of Duty

Well today was one of those days where not a lot would fall in my favour.

Today I was left at HQ while the rest of my family embarked on a weeks adventure of water skiing and camping in and around lake Eildon, so I wasn't as psyched as everyone else was about the new day, but how could you frown on such a gift of a day?

After all I did have the house to myself for a week.

So I saw the crew off and saddled up my knew FELT F3 for some riding.

Not 1 km from home (too long to walk back) I got a flat in my rear tyre. I sighed did a quick tube change and continued my ride.

I was really starting to enjoy the day. I was wired to some new tunes that I got for Chrissy, including: the Kings of Leon, Something for Kate, and Match box 20 (greatest hits). And this added to the fact that the new bike is a dream to ride, the day was really making some right turns.

Then the unthinkable happened, I was in-between Belgrave and Grants Picnic ground and... Ppssssss, my front tire sprung a leak.

2 flat tyres, 2 different wheels in under 2 hours and my family was in Eildon.

I don't remember walking under any ladders, or breaking any mirrors, or seeing a black cat walk across my path, but that was pretty bad luck.

So I called James Mowatt to see if he could ride me another spare or get his old man to give me a lift home, but he was out riding on his MTB and both his parents were at work, then I called Damian Richmond, a mate from F'tree gully, but he wasn't picking up his phone, and I kept calling, until I Called Jarrod Acfield.

Actually, I got to his message bank first and left a plea for help, to which he returned 5minutes later and without hesitation came to my aid. BEST team manager EVA! With a little wait at Grants Picnic ground Jarrod arrived with two options, a replacement tube and track pump or a lift home.

Inspired by Jarrods EFFORT I didn't take the SOFT option and changed the tube once again so I could continue my ride.

Jarrod Acfield: Felt Enduro Team Manager, Service above and beyond the call of duty and with a SMILE.

Thanks Jarrod

Cheers ScottyL

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you do your training outside glass factories, or was it just wrong pressures in the tyres? I can't figure out how you guys end up destroying so many tubes :)

9:07 am  
Blogger mj said...

Repeat after me:

"When I go riding, I will always carry some Park quick-patches and a mini-pump (or CO2)!"

Ho, ho, ho.

1:41 pm  
Blogger Scott Liston said...

Ha ha ha.

No I was no where near a glass factory ZERO, and I thought I was carrying sufficient supplies for my ride.

Surely 1 spear tube and a canister is enough for a few hours on the road. Amongst the Phone, multi tool, muesli bars, Ipod, Tube and canisters, there wasn't a lot of room left.

Cheers ScottyL

8:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home