Thursday, January 24, 2008

Another Week of Critting

Today is Friday and yesterday was Thursday, AKA FGP dirt crit night. Last nights race was one of the handicap races of the current series. Unlike normal handicap races this one starts like a normal race and times are added on to your finishing time at the end of the race, so know one really knows who has won until all the maths is done. I managed to take the unofficial win in the A grade race and was pushed hard all the way to the end by a variety of chasers though out the race. Unfortunately my handicap time placed me well back in the pack.

The Deluxe track has some excellent tight single track but also some super fast sections to.

Earlier in the week was another addition of the Deluxe crits down by a much more scenic section of the Yarra river. After a good start I was able to get a gap on the rest of the field and build on it during the franticly passed 30 minute race. I took my third Deluxe win in the same number of weeks which was nice. And walked away with a tasty new trophy to parade around until I give it back next week.

Mmmmm yummy!

Thanks to Tim (HOTN) McGrath for the happy snaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home