Sunday, June 22, 2008

Some days are better spent in bed

Today Matt (Specialized) and I chickened out on a road ride in the Dandenongs with a bunch of other MTB riders for a farewell ride for Rohin "Angry Ginger" Adams, who is off to Europe tomorrow to race in the Marathon world champs. Matt and I decided that the rain that was falling in Ivanhoe was a good enough reason to abandon the ride. Instead deciding to head out a little later, hoping that the rain would clear. It didn't. So off we went into the rain, that was only falling lightly, on our way to King Lake. Our initial prediction that the rain would clear up soon were far from close and we were soon very wet. The rain continued all the way to King Lake and for most of the way back home. The ride back down from King Lake was "interesting". The speed and the fact that I didn't have any glasses on meant that the light rain felt like pins in my face and eyes and I could hardly keep them open. By the end my feet and hands were starting to hurt because of the cold and my legs took some work to warm them up and get them working again. The sun did finally make an appearance but we were well and truly soaked through. Apart from the rain it was a good three hour something ride, but we could have done with out the rain.

Ironically, the boys in the Dandenongs only got about 20 minutes of rain, serves us right for sleeping in!

This is not far from King Lake, not a pretty sight.

I was not in a happy place at the top of the climb, by the bottom I just wanted to get home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home