Monday, November 26, 2007

An Introduction to Brendon Sharratt

New Felt Enduro Team rider Brendon, the "crazy" Kiwi, has kindly written a little introduction about himself for all the Felt Blog readers out there. As you will see, with his impressive list of results he will be an excellent addition to the team next season.

"Well before I introduce myself to the Felt Racing Team followers I would like to say thank you to those who thought I would a good rider to have on the team next year. During the year I competed in a few races where the Felt Team attended and always liked how they operated. They always looked smart, so it is a privilege to be apart of the Felt Enduro Racing team for next year and I am really looking forward to the racing and especially looking forward to racing on the mighty Virtue Team!

Myself, well, I am one of those annoying bludging New Zealanders. Yep, I know what you are thinking and I have heard it all before, sux, fush un chups, please feed it to me because I love seeing people crack trying to give me flack about the way "we" talk..haha. I came over here May 2006 because the Australian Government has more money to bludge.. nah just kidding,I am a worker. I work out at Southcott part-time, prior to that I was a car spray painter in Darebin at SuperTek Collision Repairs. Awesome place to work but my spraying days are over due to the working environment.

I call myself a veteran as I've been racing for 16 years and I've done it all, but my biggest talent is to change my mind. I change my mind so much I've forgotten my own name! Ive taken out the 'World Change Your Mind Champs' every year since I have raced, just ask my parents.
I got involved in everything. If there was a race, I was there with my 2 brothers and without fail my brilliant parents were there too, no matter where the race was. Racing has been a huge passion for me and will be til the stars stop shining, I love it all, BMX, Downhill, Cyclocross, X country, Crits, Road (sometimes). I am fortunate I can do everything. Road and Track is where I've had most success, National Titles, Development Squads, Junior Worlds. I cruised for awhile and did a few young people things and decided racing was for me, trained hard to aim for the NZ Mtb team for the 2006 worlds which I got into but was unable to race for a few reasons. I've only had one regret in my racing time and not racing at the World's was it, I chose not to race.

I joined the Cycle City Ballarat National Road Team in November 2006, we were racing on Felt bikes and Hutchinson tyres which were fantastic. I have now finished up racing with them to join the Felt Endurance team, I had some good times with the team and was able to get quite a few good results throughout the year. I will take a step back from the road next year to focus on more mountain bike racing and do smaller road races/crits for training.

Thats enough from me for now, I will leave the rest for my legs, look forward to hanging out with the crew and meeting new people along the way."


As you can see Brendon is pumped and ready for 2008, make you sure you say g'day as he calls "treck" when riding on by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home