Thursday, July 03, 2008

I Felt back in Love....

...with my Virtue Team.


When I got back from Italy I had no bikes with me so I was very keen to build back up the Virtue Team and hit the world class MTB Park, that Mount Beauty has in its backyard. So first thing I did was go into our shop and put the beautiful machine back together. The next thing I did was build up the 2008 RXC Team with the full group set off my old frame, which I put to bed back in Europe after the massive stack I had at the swiss power(resulting in two broken levers and a huge dint in the top tube). That said I still raced it in the first two world cups and bombed some of the roughest D's that frame had seen and it came through in flying colours. That meant I had two bikes ready to rock in the trails.



Anyway when I got into the tracks I had, 1:forgotten just how much fun mountain bike riding is in Mount Beauty and 2: Couldn't believe what the Virtue was capable of doing to my riding. I have been riding a full xc race bike for the last three months and stepping over the five inch travel bike was a new level. I spent a lot more time off the ground trying to hit new lines then I did on the beaten trail. Lets just say I had a lot of fun and the bike never even looked at holding me back while I tried crazy lines.

I had forgotten how awesome going out and doing a basic MTB trail ride with a group of mates. I know that sounds strange but all of my riding of late has been training based and not just getting on the bike and riding. Also I have been having withdrawals from not riding in the mountain bike park because it is just that good. A huge grin forms on my face after the first downhill and it's never lost from that point on. All of the tracks flow so smoothly together and apply different challenges to your technical ability every time you ride them. So the next day I went out again for some more and it didn't disappoint as usual but I have paid the price for my eagerness.

The next day I woke with a bad cold that had reached my chest and for the last five days I have been coughing up some horrible chunks of green mucus which has been rather fun. So the fast tracked life style has finally caught up with me, going from worlds, then traveling home to Aus, mixed with the cold weather and trail rides. I have now been forced to back it off a notch and get back into the slow lane for a few days.

Get to your local trails and hit them up, your probably not going to have as much fun as I did on my first ride back, but it will still be good,

Paul VDP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home